Air Cargo Ltd.
“Safely Flying Cargo Around the World“
Air Cargo Limited (ACL) was established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Malawi in 1979, primarily to handle
cargo operations for the national carrier. The subsidiary performed profitably and became one of the most successful
business units for the group. Over the years, the main activity for ACL has been the weekly freighter service between
Amsterdam/London and Lilongwe. The company has also operates another freighter between
United Arab Emirates and Malawi. The company has offices in Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu and London.
The headquarters for ACL are in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Harare, Lusaka, Dubai and Amsterdam.
For USA and other parts of the world, Air Cargo Limited has associates.
As part of a restructuring process in 1998, ACL was placed under the Commercial Division as the flag carrier
sought to consolidate is revenue generating functions. On 1st August 2000, however, Air Cargo reverted to the subsidiary
status with the view to enhance the potential and efficiency of the company.
Products and Services
- Freight services between Blantyre/Lilongwe, Amsterdam, London, Dubai and Johannesburg.
- Air freight charters.
- Air freight handling.
- Domestic pick-up/delivery and road feeder service.
- Cold storage, warehousing and temporary bond.
- Cargo agency on behalf of IATA member airlines.
- Buying of cargo space on passenger services.
- International standard training in air freight for agents and other organizations.
- Provide IATA Dangerous Goods training
- Co-ordinating IATA/FIATA Examinations